The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualifications for this role you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit for the Technical Writer / Editor role, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree, ideally in English, Writing or other relevant focus that helped you build a strong background in researching, writing and concisely integrating specialized information. An advanced degree is a plus.
- 3-5+ years of proven writing, editing, and publishing experience.
- Federal and State Government contracting experience.
- Significant experience working on & contributing to complex technical proposals / RFPs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, review documents, or contract regulations.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Healthcare / Medicare / Medicaid exposure preferred.
- Demonstrated proofreading and editing skill.
- Computer literacy including fluency in MS Office Suite programs (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint); SharePoint experience preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to work and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and a proven ability to synthesize complex and/or diverse information, collect and research data, and present that information/data in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully and develop alternative solutions.
- The ability to:
- Coordinate and prioritize requests to accommodate multiple project deadlines, shifts in requirements, and peak demand periods.
- Work independently and with teams.
- Work with highly sensitive information while preserving the confidentiality of the information.
- Sound and accurate judgment and the ability to support and explain the reasoning for your decisions.
- Basic math skills.
The RoleOpportunity Snapshot
As Technical Writer / Editor, you will join the Business Development Team and be responsible for the design, development, and execution of high-quality electronic and written proposals and other publications/documentation. You will write, edit, and proofread contract deliverables of various sizes, complexity, scope, and technical content, targeted to varied audiences. You will edit your work and the work of others for spelling, grammar, and overall narrative structure, style, tone and meaning, and write in various styles to meet the needs of each assignment (e.g. lay vs. professional audiences; the Internet vs. print formats; white papers vs. proposals, etc.). The majority of your time will be spent working on bids/proposals, but you could also be responsible for other writing and editing duties including, technical reports, scientific studies and/or proposals, marketing materials, press releases and more. While you will be the first person in this role, there is another writer on staff to help with writing outside of proposals.
You will work across divisions, often meeting with SMEs such as experts in Finance and IT, but also work independently managing areas of the RFP that don't require team collaboration, such gathering/updating key resumes. Proposals typically have two parts: the technical and business sections. Some areas will require heavy collaboration, while others can be completed independently.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide technical writing and editorial advice and services in the formatting and presentation of contract deliverables and corporate communications.
- Work as a member of the business development team to compose and edit professionally presented, well-written, competitive, and compliant proposals.
- Write & edit reports, information and educational materials, presentations, and other communications as needed.
- Work with technical staff to present technical information and analyses in a logical, understandable manner targeted to diverse audiences.
- Understand how to consistently cite authoritative sources.
- Understand compliance with the requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1998.
- Participate in peer reviews of project and organizational documentation, as required.
- Manage and maintain corporate style guide and standards.
- Develop and research content of articles for press releases, newsletters, annual (and other) reports, and other internally generated publications including e-media.
- Sit in on meetings and training to learn and stay abreast of our products and capabilities.
Pictured: Quality Health Strategies subsidiary companies provide a wide range of services supporting the efforts of state and federal programs related to Medicare and Medicaid as well as other quality improvement initiatives.
More Good ReasonsMission satisfaction -- the QHS family of organizations exist to improve the healthcare industry. Every proposal you write will aim at improving quality of care, access, financial integrity or other important goals. In addition, though our team is small, we are a key driver of revenue for the company.
Diverse challenges -- as you can see from the description under The Role, you will touch all aspects of the proposal process, expanding your skills and experience across the board. No two proposals will be the same, and you'll have opportunities to interact with top professionals in a variety of areas throughout our organization.
Fun and collaborative team -- the Business Development Team works closely together, sharing responsibilities supporting one another. The deadline pressure can be intense, so we make a point of keeping things light and upbeat.
Industry innovator -- clients can count on QHS companies to work with them to identify and implement solutions that improve system performance, increase the quality of services and create value. QHS' companies are leaders in population health; quality improvement; utilization management; health plan quality review; patient safety; and medical fraud, waste, and abuse. Our staff includes more than 500 physicians, registered nurses, health policy analysts, data analysts, biostatisticians, medical records analysts, investigators, systems analysts, and others.
Unique corporate culture -- we firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
Excellent compensation -- in addition to a competitive salary, we have chosen benefits to help our associates stay healthy, feel secure, meet their financial goals, and balance the demands of work and personal life. A sampling of our benefits includes a medical PPO health plan; dental and vision plans; Weight Watchers at Work; an employee assistance program (EAP); both traditional and Roth 403(b) retirement savings plans; educational assistance; paid time off; and more.
Video: PLATO®, designed by Health Integrity. is the most powerful analytics engine that sifts through billions of claims and public criminal records to detect aberrant trends and alert users for early investigative and audit actions with high accuracy and performance. It is scalable and extensible and easily integrated with clients' data systems.
Keys to SuccessWe're a small team with a big job, so you will need to be highly organized and able to manage priorities that can shift in the course of a day. As you interact with a variety of stakeholders, you'll need both a customer service approach as well as the ability to diplomatically get the information you need while you still have ample time to complete your work. Strong leadership and influencing skills will be critical to your success.
Flexibility will also be important. You will often manage multiple concurrent projects, accurately, thoroughly and under tight deadlines. That means at times you will need to thrive under pressure and flex your schedule to meet your responsibilities.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Technical Writer / Editor, you will:
- Bring enthusiasm, high energy, and ambition.
- Be skilled at understanding and synthesizing highly technical information.
- Work seamlessly in different scenarios, whether on a remote basis or in the office, and whether you focusing on independent contributions or collaborating with others.
- Pay close attention to details without losing sight of the big picture and how the details fit into it.
- Keep an eye out for ways to improve efficiencies.
- Stay abreast of trends and emerging issues in the markets we serve.
About UsHealth Integrity is a wholly owned subsidiary of Quality Health Strategies and serves the entire nation in an effort to protect the fiscal and clinical integrity of healthcare systems in the communities we serve through a broad range of innovative services.
Our innovative predictive modeling and data analytics solutions allow us to:
- Identify potential improper payments or fraud patterns through interactive analysis of claims
- Provide full incoming and outgoing bi-lingual call center activities for tracking, trending, and investigating issues
- Conduct on-site audits of health care providers -- target billing, quality of care, and benefit integrity
- Conduct medical record analysis to determine whether appropriate payment was made
- Develop high-quality fraud case referrals for law enforcement
- Testify in trials providing health care policy expertise
- Provide comprehensive reviews of organizations' compliance to government program requirements
- Identify appropriate corrective actions for clients to implement
- Predictive Modeling and Data Analytics
- Medical Review and Analysis
- Benefit Integrity Investigation
- Billing and Coding Audits
- Compliance Audits
- Expert Testimony
- Data Management and Information Technology
- National Healthcare Subject Matter Experts
- HIPAA Compliant with robust Data Management and Data Centers